Monday, June 22, 2009

It is not a throwaway photo!!!

When you weed through all the photos you took, you often end up unhappy about the ratio of good to bad photos, the keepers to the throwaways.

Take a second look at those throwaways. If you do not like something about it, before you delete it, ask yourself if you DO LIKE something about it. If you do, simply crop it, edit it in Picasa (this is what I use, and it is free!!!) or Photoshop (if you have the moneeeeeey) and surprise yourself with the results.

The photo of the garbage container is not very appealing, I almost deleted it. It was not even my idea to take that photo, the place stunk and I wanted to get out of there, but my man insisted that I take a photo of the stinky thing. So I took it. I was later ready to delete it when I thought of the drawing and how it might look in other colors. It looks great with increased contrast and orange hue, and it is one of my favorite prints now, it even happens to match our orange coffee table (not a coincidence).

When you have some time, go over your old photos, and look at them again. Crop, color, blur, sharpen, re-touch them, straighten, de-saturate, ... do anything you want with them. There are hidden gems in everyone's photo collection. They are only waiting for an attentive eye to spot them.

No comments:

Post a Comment